Monday, May 29, 2017

A a - Absolutely - Amazing - Appreciation

Hello and welcome to the first week of a new Blog Series.

Blogging through the Alphabet...


A new series to get this blogger posting on a regular basis again. It's not that I don't love to blog... I'm just sooooo busy.     And it's so easy to fall out of the habit of doing something you enjoy..isn't it?


So this week we begin with




The word of the week is AWE


noun
  1. 1.
    a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder.

    "they gazed in awe at the small mountain of diamonds"

    synonyms:wonderwondermentMore
verb
  1. 1.
    inspire with awe.

    "they were both awed by the vastness of the forest"

    synonyms:filled with wonder, wonderstruckawestruck, amazed, astonished, lost for words, open-mouthed;
    "he spoke in an awed whisper"
  2. Personally, I am trying to remember as I write this exactly when the word AWE last came into play in my daily life.  I suppose every time I see the beauty of the world.... the waters, the flowers, the mountains... that I could use it.  But that breath taking moment of Awe...... it's been a while.   First and foremost... the birth of a grand child.   And farther back... the moment I held one of my children after giving birth to them.    To be awestruck?   Those are truly incredible life moments.

When was the last time you were in Awe of something?  or When were you last Awestruck?




World Travels at the touch of a Key....


This week we are visiting 








Some Apple Recipes to share.... from the kitchen of Betty Crocker...














Sharing a Special Trip ... 


Earlier in May, my youngest daughter and I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the Outer Banks, NC once more.   It was only the two of us and we had such a fabulous time!    We are already counting the days until we can return.



We stayed at a quaint motel that we love in Nags Head.   Then we traveled on South 12 through Pea Island, Rodanthe, Avon, Buxton, Hattaras... and then we drove onto the ferry and rode it to Ocracoke island.  The beaches there were incredible... breathtaking.














On the second day we drove from Nags Head on North 12.  Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk, Duck, Corolla.....




Beautiful journey.  We didn't do the wild horse tours this trip but we will the next time.  We were very hungry by the time we got to Corolla... and we went into a place called Sundogs.   It was actually a tiki bar but also family dining.   We both indulged in wonderful burgers and fries...

We drove back to Nags Head with the intent of going out to a nice dinner... and discovered that we were both too full to even consider it.   So, it was a quiet evening spent down at the water and in the lovely apartment that we had.



We were able to see three of the lighthouses.   We saw the one in Ocracoke but were unable to find a parking space in the village to walk to it.    We went to the beauty at Bodie Island.  Actually we went twice.   We drove there from Nags Head on our first night (it was only about fifteen minutes away) and arrived just as it was beginning to get dark.  We had never seen them lit up and it was such a wonder seeing it!   I was thrilled to learn earlier on that these beautiful lighthouses are still used for navigation.




Then, we visited the Hattaras lighthouse. 





 Such strength, such beauty.   You can watch about how they moved it and the incredible achievement that was



When we visited Corolla, we visited the Curituck lighthouse.   I had climbed it once many years ago and discovered that I had a phobia about the stairs.   I hoped to over come it this time.   I will say that I successfully climbed it.. but my poor daughter had to deal with my issues all the way up... but I made it to the top.  







On the drive back home, we decided to head NC state route 64 east and drove over the Virginia Dare Memorial bridge... and all I can say is Wow!   This video from you tube doesn't even come close to the feeling you get on that bridge over that gorgeous sound with the outer banks either behind you or ahead of you.





And this entire trip fits with the letter because of the Atlantic.... ocean of my heart.




Healing Stones....
the
Aquamarine....







for Healing... the stone of breath...
a Water element stone.. for cleansing emotions...
the Throat chakra
overcome the fear of speaking
protection of travel by sea.






Spirit Animals.... the Artic Fox

Having traditions...

Building a good home...



"Stealthy messenger of the gods...
cunning and wise - reliable friend
Guide my steps through this maze of deception,
and see this problem to its end."






People of the Bible...


Abraham



And he believed in the Lord, and he accounted it Him for righteousness.
Genesis 15:6






Crafting...

Most of you who have read my blog know that Crochet is my favorite craft.   So.. being the letter A..

Afghan is the word I choose for this crafting post.

I joined a group on ravelry called Block of the Month/Crochet A Long.

Each month, they release patterns for 2 twelve inch blocks.   At the end of a year.. I will have 24 twelve inch blocks to make into a beautiful afghan.   At the beginning of the year... you choose your colors to work with and stick with them all year long.

There are times when some of the patterns are too complicated and make my head hurt... so for those times I also have made some solids to use as fill ins.

I decided that for the next six years.. I will do this and have a afghan for each child that I have.  

So here is the progress so far with 2017 squares.



There is a page for the blog now... you will find it in the tabs across the top. 

If you love to crochet...or knit   I invite you to ravelry.com to create a free account.

Their pattern base is truly wonderful. 



The Musical Inspiration this week is



 A = Addicted to Love.... from 1985







Reviews....

Just finished The Guardian Trilogy by Nora Roberts...

from Amazon Kindle

If you love a little romance... a lot of supernatural forces... memorable characters and a quest....I highly recommend this set of books.   I read all three books in a weeks time :-)










This past week has been another week filled with blessings and Amazing Moments

some beautiful sunsets... 
a wonderful visit at work from a beautiful grandchild - 
a lil rain....
shopping with grandbabies.. and wilson, no wait it was watermelon guy
the most precious of the grocery store...
a back yard full of awesomeness
a visit to the mineral and gem show







Thank you for your visit this week.   Next week, I will move onto the next letter..:-)

I wish you the brightest of blessings along with the continual love and protection of God and the Angels



Much Love....





1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful post... I really enjoyed reading every single bit of it! I'm so excited for the next letters! :)

    ReplyDelete