Sunday, January 1, 2017

January 1st... first canvas

I hope you all have had a wonderful first day of a brand new year!


I have been in my pajamas ALL day and I have not left the house.   It was a beautiful day here and I promised myself I wouldn't get into a car today. 

Most of the day has been spent with a crochet hook in my hand.   On my Ravelry account, I joined a new group and we are making 2 twelve inch squares per month.  All different.   I talked about the colors I chose... and today, I made both of the squares for January.





I am very happy with this on going year long project and will always share with you as the squares unfold.



Two more finished small projects.

This one is for a swap on swap-bot.  

It's a Coffee Cozy.



Then, I was trying to make a tablet cover for hubby... it came out a little larger than I wanted... so I may use it for something else.   It might be a good crochet hook holder... or maybe a little purse for one of my grandbabies.....idk






On Facebook, I started a new Project 52 album.   Every week, taking a photo from the same spot. After a year, or 52 weeks of these images it will be fun to view.

Here's today's image.










Today is the first day of the Bible in One Year reading challenge.   This time, we are reading it straight through from Genesis to Revelation.

I got a Inspire Bible for Christmas - for both coloring and journalling...









Tonight will be some journal time and I think the New Year is off to a good start.




I'm sharing this video with you......it's not a new one but it's one worth listening to again.






My favorite picture shared this past week...


This is my Christmas cactus.   When I worked at Duncan Acura as the office manager from 2000 to 2010 -- this cactus (much smaller then) sat in our office window.   It didn't always bloom every year.. but it did some and it was beautiful.   Since I brought it home, it has never bloomed again.  The plant has grown and is green and healthy... just no flowers.

This morning as I went around the house fussing with my plants....guess what I saw....








I did in fact get Some of the Christmas decorations taken down.   Will work on that harder tomorrow.

Very grateful today for the time off from work!



Much Love
♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. I love that the Christmas cactus is still kicking around and has actually bloomed!

    I'm excited about the afghan and I love the colours on your squares :) Love the other crochet projects, too!

    ReplyDelete