Monday, January 9, 2017

Jan 9 - The first brush strokes of the year.....

Hello! 

I hope you all have had a wonderful week!

A lot of people on the east coast of the United States are digging out of snow.... and trying to stay warm.





Its been a great week.  Being snowed in over the weekend was actually kind of wonderful.  After work Friday, my daughter and I ran to the grocery for some food... not just for the milk... bread... and toilet paper.... although we got all of these too!

On Saturday, I stayed in my pajamas all day and watched the snow coming down.  It really was pretty... although I'm not much of a fan of winter.   

Then, the super cold temperatures set in.... and added a frozen glaze over everything.

Tonight's sunset... you can see how frozen the top of the snow is...


But... the weather reports say that the temperature is heading up this week!!




In Crochet...

I've decided to continue with the block of month/crochet a long squares to make a blanket at the end of the year.

In between times, I'm working on one of the patterns for a 6 inch square.  These don't take me long at all to make and using up some of my stash yarn... they will make a beautiful blanket!



And they will all have the white centers and edges.. but the colors will all be different.




 On Swap-Bot....

I got the most awesome letter in the mail!!  My partner wrote it out on vellum sheets, then rolled it like a scroll and tied it with a ribbon.


I've been busy sending out some swaps too.

This one was for a swap called Sharing a Psalm


and the set of coasters were sent out this morning..:)







Here are a few nature shots from today.  I will be adding them to my photography page shortly..




It was fun going out on Sunday to take the Week 2 photo for my Project 52 album on facebook...

Big difference in a week...




Last week. I shared my Christmas cactus bloom... still only 1.  But here it is today too.








Bible challenge is still going strong.  I adore the group of girls who have taken the challenge with me.  It's gonna be such a fun year!!  And now we are still reading through Genesis. ♥






You may not know this... but my Jeep needs a engine... so I'm driving a company car at the moment... but here is the engine.... and it's going in soon!!!





And this is my favorite photo... a little tree bought during Christmas time... it was all decorated for the holidays.   Now, its growing strong and will be repotted soon.   I think we are going to keep it in the office at work. 




My favorite song to share with you today...

and all I have to say is

the fire smolders and I'm free. 





Wishing you each a wonderful week ahead.

Lighting candles, praying and meditating every day.

Life is short... and we don't realize it when we are young and rushing around... speeding through our days and nights......

but now.  Every moment is precious.  Make them all count.  

Every one of them.









No comments:

Post a Comment