Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thursday - Bringing forward the Past.... Thanksgiving 2009

Thursdays.... Bringing the Past Forward

Geee....this was SEVEN years ago!!

Thanksgiving 2009

Blue Ridge, Virginia



Gwen, Gage and Kaylen



Gwen, Gage, Becky and Kaylen


Ela and Susan


Robert and Susan


Kaylen, Gwen and Trenton


Lily


Time to eat......

.
Time to be silly...



Some of the greatest times I will enjoy sharing will be family gatherings.

Memories.  Laughter.  Fun times.

I realize how very blessed to have been given the family I have.  Each one - a gift I could never repay.


Back in 2009, we had a house.... way up on a mountain.   Straight up in fact.  We lived there for 3 1/2 years.   The driveway was a killer... and most of the winter, my car stayed parked wayyyy down at the road.  Lot's of walking up and down that driveway in the snow.

We had several visits from a local bear... quiet times and beautiful times.




Just a few winter pictures of our front and side yard...






Sometimes I miss the mountain.... it really was beautiful.

But living back in town definitely has it's advantages.

For one... I can usually park in my driveway when it snows...
For two... I haven't ran into any bears on the porch....
For three....I'm closer to stores and civilization...

But the memories we made while living up there..... too many to count and too priceless to ever give up.




Thanks for heading down memory lane with me for a short time.





2 comments:

  1. Wow... hard to believe that was 7 years ago!!

    I LOVE those snow pictures. The mountain was absolutely gorgeous, but I agree that there's definitely advantages to living in town :) And yes, no bears on the porch... But I think that was one of your guides :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely on the bear being a guide... the bear has followed me since I was a little child <3

      Delete