Sunday, December 4, 2016

Spirituality and God - A Journey Begins

This day of my blog roll... I will talk about and share spirituality and God -- My personal journey.


You may not agree with it and it may not be for you...

but it is my journey.


For this first entry in the series....

I'm just sharing some things that mean the most to me .....


1 Corinthians 13New King James Version (NKJV)

The Greatest Gift

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a]but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.


My faith and my journey is definitely based on Christianity.  But as a believer.... I believe that religion is of man and God is of God.

And I believe they are all connected and I respect all religion.

I have attended Baptist Churches, Mormon Churches, Catholic Churches, Christian Churches, Holiness Churches, Unity Churches, United Methodist Churches.....

I've studied a little Shamanism 

I've had Shamans drum over me... 

and that experience was incredible.

I was baptized along with two of my children....

that too was incredible.

I've been blessed too many times... I've seen the face of God shine from the broken and the hurt... I've watched and not understood how bad things could be allowed to happen and then I've tried to understand the good that came from it.

I could not ever NOT believe.

I cannot ever even fathom how to not believe in the only Good we have turn to in Hope in times of trouble... as mere human beings.  

Or to turn to in gratitude in times of plenty..

Or to turn to for strength in times of weakness...

Our delicate bodies .....only carriers of our immortal souls.


Thank you for stopping by!!



1 comment: