Friday, April 15, 2016

Gratitude, Healing,Sharing, Spiritual Life - How Gratitude Changed my Life

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Friday!  One more day of work for me tomorrow and then it's a much needed two days off.... of course all days off are much needed.

It was a busy Friday at work.   After work, it was home for coffee and then a quick trip to WalMart with my daughter, Becky.   We did a small amount of craft supply shopping as we plan to add some more items to our inventory for fall.

She chose some modeling clay.  Her plan is to make some cute little dolls.  Maybe even fairies or angels.  She molds them by hand and then paints them.  Seals them with a gloss sealer.  I will add a photo or two when she gets one done. 

For me, I picked up some cotton yarn to make some crochet angel dishcloths.   Also hope to get a couple of bookmarks finished this weekend.




To talk about how Gratitude changed my life...

It all started in 2000.   The first time I read 


The book is absolutely wonderful.  I have the hard cover still and I have purchased the ebook as well.

This year will make the 6th time since 2000 that I have used this book.

The thing I want to talk about tonight is a exercise within these pages...

"Begin keeping a Gratitude Journal"

Basically, every single day for a entire year, write down FIVE things you are grateful for.  Every day... even on bad days, sick days...Every day.

The first time I began this commitment, after just a few weeks, I was surprised when I started reading the things I had written, I was literally amazed at the things I had discovered during ordinary days that made me grateful.



Sometimes it was family.  Blessings.  Events.

Sometimes, on bad days, it would be a bird I saw early in the morning.  Maybe the dew on some roses.  Or maybe I just couldn't or wouldn't feel like being grateful so I would just say.. my health.  the grass.   the sky.

After a few months, reading what I had written inspired me.  I started feeling good about so many aspects of my life.  Things I didn't even realize were blessings.  Things that were simple.  Things that were complicated.  

When this first year was over, I was changed.  I finally understood what I had heard and read about for so many years but could never seem to grasp.  Or catch.



There is always something to be grateful for.

Even on bad days and during bad times.

And to read a old entry..

Gratitudes..

1.  My life
2.  My family
3.  Walking by a old old tree.  Stopping and looking up at her outstretched limbs covered with the most beautiful shade of green leaves.  
4.  To feel the sun on my face coming through the spaces between the leaves
5.  The fact that the sun did indeed rise this morning.

Some days, the entries were ridiculous.  I mean.  I must have been in a really bad mood....

Gratitudes

1. Electricity I guess except for the bill
2.  Work except that I would rather be home
3  Home except that I wish I had more time to get things done
4.  My family except sometimes they don''t even know I really exist
5.  Everything I guess.


Even the entries when I was tired or troubled or sad or overwhelmed made me smile as I read them later.  

And when I lost my Grandmother.  My Dad.  My Mom.   

I was grateful for having them so long.  I was grateful for pictures.  I was grateful for memories.


Gratitude is a powerful healing tool.

It can truly change your life and transform your spirit and how you go through your days.

Give it  a try...

Everyday, write down a few things you are grateful for.   Stick with it awhile- tough it out a whole year if you can.

Go back and read what you wrote.






Thanks for stopping by!


Have a wonderful night.

Tonight, I am grateful for my readers <3



No comments:

Post a Comment