Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Mid Week Ramblings -- Just a lil poetry.....

Hello!  Hope your week is running along nice and smooth.. and if you are much better than me.. your Christmas shopping is nearly done.
haha
I live for the last minute Christmas shopping!  Too late to change it now.



We've had a lot or rain here in Virginia this first part of the week....

I captured this photo at lunch time today





Every single day... since I asked for guidance... since I turned on the switch... since I moved from I wish I could do this...to I'm going to do this....

Everything has changed.

I am motivated.  I am excited.  I am listening and every single day I pledge to do something to move toward my goals of 2016...

And I will share more as the journey unfolds...


for now.
I'll share a little bit of my writing with you.

I wrote these yesterday.

You may share them if you wish... I only ask that you leave my copyright on them and it would be lovely if you would add a link back to this blog....


As the World Moves On  

And as time moved on, she didn't.
She felt that it hadn't moved even tho the world continued to turn
The loss had stolen her drive
her purpose
And now all that was familiar and kind
is now strange
and dark
She is moving through the space that she fills
with what appears to be grace and strength
but it is not
she cries to the reflection in the looking glass
it is not
Another step, just one more
as she moves forward 
while her soul stays back there
The pieces - too many to count
too vast to pick up
so she left them 
and moved on
As the world continued to turn
with outward grace she dances the steps to the tune of life
and the mirror reflects her hollowed eyes
her broken soul
And outside the window 
the world comes to life with the rising sun
She sighs and for an instant she feels...
but it's gone that quick
As the birds sing their song of daybreak
she moves to the silence that engulfs her world.

©DebbieMitchell








Embers

Flaming
Glowing
Burning.
Which shall it be 
All are possible
All are probable
With a thought
a desire
a need
There is no control
There is no reversal
There is only fire
Consuming
Engulfing
Obliterating
And tomorrow
all that remain will be smoldering embers.

©DebbieMitchell







Make them Cry


Make them cry
she said
Touch their soul
it bled
Pour out heart
pour out regret
loosing the fire
the words all said
Make them feel
Touch their tears
outstretched hands
the tremor of fear
no holding it back
no locking it up
raw and unfiltered
sharply abrupt
Make them cry 
she said
As their tears formed
all caution fled

©Debbie Mitchell






I really enjoyed the #30daysofgratitude for November.

For December I'm doing 31 #glimpseofme
which will be random pictures of what I have and what I love...

Started out with these two glimpses...




Thanks for stopping by mid week with me and my ramblings!


check the blog out on twitter
@whisperinghorn

or my personal twitter
@debmitch63

and instagram
debmitch1963

Hope the rest of your week is simply marvelous <3



Light and Love







It burns for you guys.... Mary and Jon <3


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful....it really shows your heart. I write some also. I will have to share sometime. I have a blog . . It is Debs dancing in the sun blogspot.com. I will have to share some of my writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just added your blog to my bloglist :-) Looking forward to reading some of your writing. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I used to write poems many moons ago. Now I just don't seem to have it in me to think that deep. Ha! :) Good luck working towards and reaching whatever goals you have set for yourself. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tammy! Have a beautiful day <3

      Delete
  3. Debbie---thank you so much for the visit. I am always so excited to see a comment from someone I think is new to my blog. it gets me over to their blog and I think yours is wonderful and I will definitely be a follower!

    I read your first poem with tears in my eyes, seriously. I don't open up in my posts about the internal stuff I'm going through but I truly feel like this girl not moving forward even though the world is, is me. I try to focus on the good in my life, the small pleasures and giving from my heart. I keep busy because sometimes I feel if I stop I will take steps backwards into a place I never want to be again. So thank you...this was just beautiful. If I had your permission and knew of a way to print it out (lol), I would. It was both shattering and uplifting.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on my poetry... and thanks so much for stopping by for a visit <3

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Embers. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and thanks so much for the comment <3

      Delete