Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Gratitude of November

November.....

Just thinking how October usually takes my breath away....hearing people say ..my favorite color is October...
I understand.

It's mine as well.

November.  For me, the month of gratitude.  Thanksgiving.  Autumn is winding down and preparing for winter...and sleep.

The light grows shorter, the darkness falls early.  Driving home from work I am enchanted with the houses all lit up....and I think of home.  Of comfort.  Peace.   Blessings.  
Home.



I've been pretty busy for a while.  Grandchildrens birthdays....Halloween... work...

I finished the baby blanket I was making....






and now I am working on some wrist warmers in yarn crochet and a crinoline girl doily in thread crochet.




As a family, we celebrated 2 birthdays.... two little cousins who both turned three ..born just five days apart.
And we had a fun Halloween party...

just an few highlights...











Every single day, I have learned to find something to be grateful for... some days it can be difficult because of a frame of mind... but honestly, the abundance overwhelms me.   

My favorite post on facebook this week is this one...

I challenge you too.  Whether you want to make them public, write them in a paper journal or just take a moment daily...




I leave you this week with these words...

November comes
and November goes
With the last red berries
and the first white snows

With night coming early
and dawn coming late
And ice in the bucket
and frost by the gate

The fires burn
and the kettles sing
And Earth sinks to rest
until next spring.

-Clyde Watson






The candles burn for Mary and Jon....<3  
for Strength.  Patience and Love forevermore




Love and Light through the darkest days...





No comments:

Post a Comment