Hello on this rainy, chilly November day in Virginia.....
The time change has me driving home in the dark several days per week... and tonight it was dark, pouring rain and fog....
This past week has been pretty ordinary, which is good :-)
I have continued with my daily gratitude challenge postings. We enjoyed temperatures in the high seventies on a couple of days...
Which was lovely.
I'm enjoying the ability to shop on black Friday now because of my work schedule but I DO NOT CARE HOW ENTICING AND GOOD THEIR SALES ARE....I WILL NOT START SHOPPING BEFORE SIX PM ON THANKSGIVING DAY...PERIOD. Some retailers are cutting into family time...and ruining this holiday for many. And truly..it is to each his own...but they keep backing up the sale start time...earlier and earlier...and now on Thursday.....and it's suppose to be black Friday....
In the past, due to my work schedule, I was never able to go Black Friday shopping with my daughters....it always sounded like so much fun.
Sales starting at midnight..... being out and about late at night with them...stopping for coffee and getting breakfast in the wee hours of the morning, after the lines and shopping and laughter and fun..
So now, I'm a little disappointed. Black Friday doesn't start on Friday anymore. There is no point in being somewhere at midnight.... what they want now is for us all to leave our families during Thanksgiving....
Just my thoughts......
My favorite photo shared on facebook last week..
This gorgeous tree in my front yard. Slow to turn every Autumn and simply beautiful.
If you haven't checked it out already, I invite you to follow the blog on Twitter and Tumblr
In about five years, I may be traveling across the Atlantic... and I am planning and dreaming of it...
but until then
I thought I would start a Virtual Trip each week here on the blog...
This weeks destination is
The Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown dependency in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland.
It is know for its rugged coastline and rolling beauty
Medieval castles.... rural beauty all leading the mountains in the center of the isle...
Castle Rushen is a medieval castle located in the Isle of Man's historic capital, Castletown, in the south of the island.
Peel Castle is a castle in Peel on the Isle of Man, originally constructed by Vikings. The castle stands on St Patrick's Isle which is connected to the town by a causeway
Fun Recipe Finds
Holiday Recipe Fun
Mini Sausage Wreath
- Mini Sausages
- Refrigerated Crescent Dough Rolls
- Red Bell Pepper
- Diced Rosemary
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the package of Refrigerated Crescent Dough Rolls. Drain the liquid off of the mini sausages.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate at the perforations to create 4 rectangles. Press together the remaining perforation in each rectangle. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 8 strips making a total of 32 strips.
- Wrap one strip of dough around each mini sausage. Lay out the crescent-wrapped sausages with their sides touching on an ungreased cookie sheet in a circle forming a wreath shape.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Melt 1/3 cup of butter and brush the butter on top of the crescent-wrapped sausages. Sprinkle the rosemary on top of the butter.
- Cut a red bell pepper into a bow shape for garnish. Combine the BBQ sauce and cranberry sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until heated through. Serve with wreath for dipping.
This week in Creative Things....
Working on a Crinoline Girl Doily... in crochet
The colors are going to be completely different from the picture shown on the pattern..
My Writing, both past and present.....
gaze full of innocence
Captured in a moment
Frozen in magnificence
Unaware of our seeing
Unaware of our interruption
Unaware of our thoughts
Untouched by corruption
A tiny angel tho' she is
Her eyes hold eternal trust
Resting her head on little hands
her love of humankind - a must
of our intrusion
So small, so beautiful
or are you just a illusion?