Sunday, September 6, 2015

September Begins

Even though I had a good time decorating this blog for fall....it is still very much summer here in Virginia.     But fall is everywhere.   All the retail stores are ready.   Stuff to decorate with, stuff to craft with, stuff to eat, pumpkin flavored everything, stuff to wear......

This holiday weekend has been pretty quiet so far - which is how I wanted it to be.  Didn't want to plan any long trips away from home or anything. Just wanted to hang out around here for three days with no alarm clocks.



Was an emotional weekend as one of my beautiful daughters, Mary, had to leave her love, Jon,  in England for a brief separation and return to Canada to finish up some necessary business.  It was so difficult to know how sad this would make them both.  It looks like she may get to come home for a short visit before returning to England.   I can't wait to see her and spend time with her.  We "see" each other online almost daily and for that I am more grateful than I can ever say, but it will be beyond joy to have her here to visit us all.




I made my doggies some treats this afternoon.  It's such a easy recipe and so much better for the dogs than the ones you buy.

Sharing the recipe with you tonight.  I use various cookie cutters.  Plan to purchase one in the shape of a bone for them.  My goal is to make all of their treats.  I have four Large dogs so that is a big job.


Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

1/2 cup water (add more water if needed to form soft dough)
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla (or sometimes I use honey instead )
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup oats

Blend the wet ingredients first.   Whisk dry ingredients together and then mix into wet mixture to form a ball of dough.  Roll out and shape.  Put onto a non stick or lightly greased cookie sheet.  Cook 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.  I tend to make my biscuits thin (about 1/4 inch thick) so you can remove them from oven after about 15 minutes and let them sit awhile to cool and harden.
If you prefer them thicker, cook 20 minutes and then turn oven off, let the biscuits sit in a bit longer to harden.   Cool completely.  Store in a air tight container.







My dogs absolutely Love these biscuits and it smells like someone has made peanut butter cookies!!




My favorite picture shared on facebook this week was
this one of my pretty boy... Oscar




I'm sorry to say that both of the gold fish that were won at the fair have passed on.......


I knew that usually happens but it was still a unhappy moment.




On a creative note, my crochet projects are moving along nicely.  

My youngest daughter Rebecca made a beautiful fall wreath out of burlap, pine cones and silk flowers. 




I'm looking forward to the extra day off from work tomorrow.  Plan to spend it wisely....you know, netflix, crochet and maybe even a little reading time.




For a beautiful bookmark, my daughter Mary has some of her incredible artwork offered on her blog as free printables 

Please click below to get yours today!






Sending out much love

and burning the red candle for a love than spans the Atlantic Ocean
--Mary and Jon--


and here comes that energy driven rainbow.




This is exactly what I envision when I send it to you my love.


See you next week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment