Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Week 29 - Refocus



Is it me or have the past several weeks been full of drastic changes?  Lots of stuff happening, good stuff, bad stuff, scary stuff and just plain stupid stuff.

I've stayed away from this blog because I'm overloaded on world events and of course, I'm full of my own thoughts and opinions.  But truly, I just don't want to share them here.  

For me, I'm taking a little bit of break from world events.   It can overwhelm me.  Every day, there is a news story about a child either hurt, abused or murdered by their own parent.  Every day there are atrocities of so many kinds.  

Yes, I have to be aware of what is happening around me.  But I cannot only focus on the news media splashes of what horrors are happening next.

Focus on the good for a while.

That's what I'm gonna do.


and pray.



This week I'm gonna share some family stuff :-)  


And Me stuff.  






My favorite picture shared this past few weeks was this picture of my little granddaughter, Anna.  She is 18 months old.
My youngest daughter and I took her to the mall over the weekend.   We had a wonderful day of shopping, mostly window shopping.  lol.  And a fun trip into Starbucks where Becky and I had some awesome coffees and little miss Anna got a apple juice and a very big cookie .   Here she is with her cup and her cookie and ready to go shopping some more.



A website share/something exciting this week.

Oh my gosh!!  We are seeing pictures of Pluto!!!!





I'm gonna share another of my holiday recipes with you..

Actually, this one isn't a holiday recipe but it's wonderful for the fall.  When the leaves start to change and there is a chill in the air..

Simple, but yummy

Crock Pot Potato Soup

1 (30 oz) bag of frozen hash brown potatoes ( I use squared southern style)
2 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth
1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1/3 tsp ground black pepper
1 (8 oz) pkg of cream cheese... softened

for Garnish... minced green onion

In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onions and pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 5 hours
Stir in cream cheese.  Cook additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until combined
Garnish with green onion.





Right here in the center of summer... I am loving all of the lush green lawns, trees and mountainsides.  
Here are some images from my summer so far...











A bit of inspiration I hope..








As I look back on yesterday with the love of today and the hope of tomorrow

the biggest thing that comes to mind is


and I am grateful.



See you next week.  






2 comments:

  1. love all the positive and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Hope you will check out Walking with Spirit too❤

      Delete