Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week 23 - A week in the life...

Week 23 of the year.  



I consider myself successful with this blog so far this year.   Yes, I know, some of the weeks have been combined but all in all, I'm sticking with it.   And that makes me happy.


Things have been pretty ordinary lately, and that's okay.  That makes me feel settled in my life, nestled.  Content.  Happy.

Going back to work full time was challenging for me.  Being pulled in several different directions and feeling my age most days.... but it's all coming together now, as I knew it would.


The most exciting thing...well, I got some new pots and pans and some new glasses for the kitchen 


And I am back to reading a wonderful set of books.... The Virgin River series by Robyn Carr..... 


Sharing with you this week....

Here is the stock picture of the doily I am working on and the link for the free pattern for anyone interested....




I'm making progress on mine and will share some photos soon.



The recipe I'm going to share this week is

BANANA GINGER SMOOTHIE

Soothe digestion, heartburn, nausea, and other stomach trouble with the fresh ginger in this natural remedy smoothie recipe.
SERVINGS: 2
1 banana, sliced
¾ c (6 oz) vanilla yogurt
1 Tbsp honey
½ tsp freshly grated ginger

COMBINE the banana, yogurt, honey, and ginger. Blend until smooth.




I came across this really cool challenge.

I'm choosing one each week -- I think they were meant to be more often, but it's okay.  Weekly is good for me...

I'm gonna call it...

Clutter Buster Challenge..... lol

As you can see, it's meant to be a daily challenge.... but I'm doing ONE per week.  I have so much to do daily, that I think this will work better for me.







This week..... 

COAT CLOSET...

I will let you know how that works out....






Naturally, I fell away from some of my lists on my listography....

you can view them 


but I am picking up where I left off and continuing on.   It's what I do best...



Starting up a second blog too.   

I'm real excited about it.   It, too will be a weekly blog but it is a Spiritual Place -- and a place, I hope, that will be of inspiration to bring Spirit into our daily lives.

It's so easy to go to church on Sunday.   Remember to say a prayer when in need..  etc. etc.

Many of us understand this.

But there are many people out there , I believe, who struggle to keep God in their lives daily.  And just set aside a little time.... turning new habits into very personal Spiritual experiences.

The new blog will be not religion centered, but Spirit centered.

Inspiration and Motivation is my goal with it.

The second blog is called

Whispering Horn's Walking With Spirit.

It should be up and running soon.  Been working on it :-)

  
See you all next week and remember this...

ALL OF THE DARKNESS IN THE WORLD CANNOT HIDE THE LIGHT OF A SINGLE CANDLE....

Be that candle for someone.... Let a candle shine for you..... Let the Light lead you in all that you do.




1 comment:

  1. so glad you are sticking with it, and blogging :) I am behind on my lists too, but we can get to them when it works for us... ty for sharing the cleaning and organizing challenge i think i need to do that lol
    hugs, dawnn
    scrapingd swapbot may blog hop

    ReplyDelete