Monday, February 23, 2015

Weeks 7 and 8 - In the World - Not of the World

Week 7 & Week 8 of 2015




Being In the World....Not Of the World


These last several weeks for me have been filled with snow, winter weather, below zero temperatures, sleet, ice and wind.

I fight regularly against routines, but I have to face the fact that I do have some.

And they have all been upset by the weather.

Loss of work.  Loss of pay... Moving dogs around so they can all be in the house and warm.  Quick trips to the grocery store because it was just too awful cold to do a large grocery trip.  

Keeping the house warm and keeping a check on the pipes.  

Keeping in the back of my mind what plan of action we would take if we lost power like many people did.  It was so very cold.... I can't imagine.


So now, the weather is calling for more snow and cold temperatures later this week and weekend.  

I am just putting that out of my mind for now.

Here's a few pictures....










My Hope for Tomorrow 
picture share


My grandson Brandon.   Brandon has a severe form of epilepsy.

His smile and his very presence blesses our entire family every moment of every day <3





I invite you to check out the eagle nest.   She has 2 eggs so far and they are expecting the third one shortly.   You do have to watch a short ad but it really is worth it.

Eagle Nest Live Cam








Poetry - Past Present and Future

I wrote a few children's poems over the years.....sharing this one tonight
It is part of the Enchantment series.



Do You Believe



Do you believe
in princesses and magic fairies
Castles and unicorns
in places always merry

If you do
come along with me
We'll visit a place
full of joy and glee

Take hold of my hand
up, up we go
Far above the clouds
where the sun always glows


Can you see the castle
shimmering like cut glass
The flags waving boldly
high atop turrets of brass

We cross over the moat
and enter to see
A beautiful princess
and a delightful fairy



With a magical wand
and glittering gowns
Welcome hugs and smiles
come on....let's look around

The ceilings are high
the walls made of gold
Everything feels so warm
we could never be cold

Outside in the courtyard
a silver unicorn stands
Gently nibbling the grass
isn't he grand?


The castle is alive
with caring and love
The princess smiles gently
as she pets her white dove


We must say goodbye now
the fairy wishes us well
She waves her magic wand
and casts and enchanting spell


We've seen a great love there
and beauty and peace
We can go back anytime
as long as we believe.



©Deborah Mitchell




My Meditation Stone has been the Tree Agate



Tree Agate is the common name for Dendritic Agate.

The Stone of Plenitude

Place one of these anywhere that you want to encourage abundance and fullness.
Some of the benefits of tree agate include:
  • Enhances the health of house plants
  • Creates a peaceful environment
  • Deepens your connection to the earth
Be patient when using dendritic agate. It works slowly and takes time to be effective. Use it to encourage a more centered viewpoint in life.

Healing with Tree Agate

Healers use tree agate to align and correct anything with branches (such as blood vessels, nerves, skeletal disorders). Place it on a point of pain for relief.








The title of these weeks.... Being in the world but not of the world.

I've been challenged through the Simple Abundance journey to turn away from the world for a bit.  Not to read or watch or listen to the news.   Not to see the bad in the world..every day.  But to go within and focus on Light.  Focus on Family.   Focus on self.

So this is the projection toward the ninth week of 2015. 





"Think of the steady, reassuring rhythm of the natural world - the ebb and flow of the tides, the recurring cycle of the four seasons, the monthly phases of the moon, and the daily progression from day to night.  Rhythm needs to be the cornerstone in our personal world as well."
-Sarah ban Breathnach




I have made my world and it is a much better world than I ever saw outside.
-Louise Nevelson



I light candles on my altar for those who I wish to say a special prayer for.  So many candles, so many prayers.    I always remember to light candles to give thanks as well.  To God.  To the angels, the spirit guides.  To those I love who have crossed over.   And every day, I write the five gratitude's that I have for that day.   Truly, the one thing this does is it has opened my eyes, yet again to how blessed I am.  Gratitude.   It is so very important.




No comments:

Post a Comment