Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week Four - The Greatest Task I was Given in this Life.

Week Four


A week of Reflection and Gratitude




"Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you've done will have mattered as much.”
~ Lisa Wingate


This moved me beyond the use of words to explain.

These children I have raised into adults, with the mistakes.  The poor choices.  The worries.  The stress.  The "I don't know how I'm going to make this work"......

I know I was never alone.  Not the company of any one person, but the blessings of the Creator.  The guidance of Spirit Guides, that back then, I hadn't even acknowledged yet.

They are all grown now.  Each and every one of them.  No more babies for me -- just grand babies that are truly the greatest joy in life.

And what do I see when I look at each of them?  Do I see a messed up person due to dysfunction?  Do I see sadness.  Weakness.  Unkindness.  Cruelty.  Shallowness.  Selfishness.  Greed.  Hatred.  Violence?

No.

Not in one of them.

Not in one of them. 

 Not in any of them.


I see young people with Love in their lives.  Loyalty.  Strong work ethics.  Faith.  Determination.  Stubbornness.   Closeness.   Forgiveness.  Happiness.   

People who know who they are and who are working every day....living every day with good in their hearts and faith in their souls.

There have been times that I felt maybe I failed them as their mother in many ways. 

 but I look at them... all of them.

And I know that I have not failed at all.  Not in even one of them.

They know Love.
They know Hope.
They know Faith.

They share this knowledge with their own children and in their everyday lives.

We are not a family of religion but by the grace of God, we are a family of Faith.

My greatest accomplishments are my children.  Those I gave birth to and those I did not.

My greatest reward is seeing them as they share faith hope and love.  Whether it's with their children, their friends, their family or with strangers.

I live my life every day.  I work.  I travel.  I write.  I read.  I laugh and sometimes I cry.  

But what matters the most?  

They do. 
And in all I do, I have succeeded in the best way I could ever succeed.

And as the days shorten.  A hint of fall fills my humanness.  Some lines come to my skin and white blends with my dark hair...

I am blessed. 
I am blessed because I have succeeded in the greatest task God gave to me in this life.

I still have plenty to do while I'm here, but truly, the greatest is done.






There is no obstacle that True Grit and Amazing Grace can't overcome.
-Sarah ban Breathnach



Gratitude is the hearts memory.
-French Proverb



No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made.  Destiny is made known silently.
-Anges deMille




A photo that I have shared this week...

Two of my precious grandchildren... Patrick and Anna.


They represent the hope in tomorrow. 











Recipe Share

One more from my Holiday Recipes


Corn Pudding

5 Eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 Tbsp cornstarch
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans cream style corn

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease a 2 quart casserole dish
In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs.  Add melted butter, sugar and milk.  Whisk in cornstarch.
Drain whole kernel corn
Add corn and cream style corn.  Blend well.
Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish
Bake for 1 hour.











My Meditation stone this week is the Clear Quartz Point


Clear Quartz is known as the "master healer" and will amplify energy and thought, as well as the effect of other crystals.  It absorbs, stores, releases and regulates energy.  Clear Quartz draws off negative energy of all kinds, neutralising background radiation, including electromagnetic smog or petrochemical emanations.  It balances and revitalises the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual planes.  Cleanses and enhances the organs and subtle bodies and acts as a deep soul cleanser, connecting the physical dimension with the mind.  Clear Quartz enhances psychic abilities.  It aids concentration and unlocks memory.  Stimulates the immune system and brings the body into balance.  Clear Quartz (Crystal Quartz, Rock Crystal) harmonises all the chakras and aligns the subtle bodies.




Poetry - Past, Present and Future


The Tea Cup



Sitting here, relecting on today

The tea cup rattles lightly as I place it back on its saucer

A full day, a blessed day..

A gently breeze ruffles the leaves nearby

The song of a bird fills the air

Blessed?

Yes, I am blessed

A full life, people who love me, who need me...

Joy?

Yes, I have joy

I call them grandchildren, 

giggles and smiles

being called Nana..

As the day draws to an end

the sun sets behind the tallest mountain.

As the world darkens 

my life shines within me as a tiny flame

The light, the love

the blessings, gifts

I take a sip of my tea, 

silently thanking God for it all

the tea cup rattles lightly 

as I place it back on its saucer.

©Deborah Mitchell




I like living.  I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
-Agatha Christie





The candles burn to light the darkness.
The candles burn for those who have lost part of their heart, for those who need comfort
and for those who simply need the Light.

Thanks for visiting and see you next week. 







3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I don't even know what to say half the time to posts like these, but they're so from your soul that they shine with that vibrancy. My entire life I'd wanted to be close to you but I couldn't, but now that I am, it fills me with pride that you're the one who was chosen to be my mother, and the mother to other great people and animals. I don't even think you're close to autumn days yet. You're making a transition into deeper wisdom and self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete