Sunday, January 18, 2015

Project 52 - Weeks 2 and 3 - Dying of Thirst

Hello there,

Sorry for a week delay in publishing.  Week two of 2015 was filled with sickness for me.  I missed an entire week of work....and my life.

But all better now :-)  Grateful.




The focus of this post will be Week 3.


I thought I'd start off talking about the crochet I have been doing.  That was one thing I could do while I was sick....

Sharing some thread crochet bookmarks I have finished





and this one in a new style that I am still working on.



Here's where you can find the free pattern to the one above...







I have 2 little granddaughters that are close in age.  Anna is 1 and Kaidyn is 2.   For Anna's fifth birthday/Kaidyn's sixth birthday the goal is to have a American Girl Doll for each and a trunk full of handmade doll clothes for their dolls.

So, I am beginning with the crochet parts.   I have many many sewing patterns for this size doll as well.   Anna's mommy is also going to be making doll clothes for this project.

For Anna, we are going to do a trunk style container for all of her doll clothes and her doll.

I think for Kaidyn, I'm going to find a vintage suitcase, gut it out and fix it up for hers.

So far I have the hat and a scarf done and the sweater is over half done....













Every morning when we wake up we've been given a wonderful gift - another day of life - so let's make the most of it
-Sarah ban Breathnach




Happiness is not a possession to be prized. It is a quality of thought - a state of mind.
-Daphne du Maurier



Happiness that the world cannot take away only flourishes in the secret garden of our souls.
-Sarah ban Breathnach



In my lifes chain of events, nothing was accidental.  Everything happened according to a inner need.
-Hannah Senesh



My family is what really matters - and the love I have in my life.
All else is trivial.
-Me





This week's Great Find....


What a worthwhile cause to give to -- or even just to read about.

Wounded Warrior Project










Recipe Share


Sausage Balls

these are one of my family's favorite around the holidays


2 lb sausage, uncooked
1 1/2 cups all purpose baking/biscuit mix
16 oz sharp cheddar cheese (4 cups shredded)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Shred cheese (or buy it already shredded) and mix all ingredients.  Form into 1 inch balls.  Bake 15 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet until golden brown.
Sausage cheese balls can be frozen - uncooked.






Poetry in Motion - Past and Present


The Smile of a Child
written in 2006

The smile of a child
the echoes of giggles
The simply joy
from an armful of wiggles

Precious moments
slip away in a flash
Cling to them now
before they quickly pass

Each priceless day
and every kiss goodnight
I pray will remain
locked in my mind good and tight

To pull out and remember
when babies grow to men
To never-ever forget
each and every little grin.

©Deborah Mitchell1




My photo share for the first and second weeks of the year.



Taken less than 2 weeks ago.  



The meditation stone for both these weeks has been the Amethyst.  




The Amethyst is such a stone of the spirit and I chose it before I got sick.  I had no idea at the time how much I would need it.


Amethyst is a stone of the spirit. In general, the beautiful purple color of this crystal is the color of the spirit and spirituality. Amethyst is also a crystal of protection, selflessness, nobleness, spiritual consciousness, meditativeness, balance and inner peace. One very important feature of Amethyst is to serve as a stone of transfiguration and transformation, bringing harmony and peace wherever needed.





Through the Simple Abundance daily readings, I was introduced to the song that is playing....
Standing Knee Deep in a River - Dying of Thirst
performed by Kathy Mattea.

Watch the Video Here

The song really touched my soul. 

How often do we do this?  Searching.  Wanting.  Waiting for someone, for someThing.  Thinking all will work out tomorrow....hoping that Next year will be a better year..................

and in most cases we were already 
Standing Knee Deep in a River - Dying of Thirst.

The lyrics to this song can be found below

Lyrics Here

I encourage you to read them.



Search your own heart.  Your own life.  Are you standing knee deep - and dying of thirst because maybe you should look around.   Look around slowly and realize what you have in your life -- who you have in your life -- already a flowing river of love, of faith, of hope.....
No reason - except in your own thoughts - to be dying of thirst.




And sadness touched a dear friend in one of the worse possible ways.  She lost her husband. There are no words to comfort her pain -  just sending her all the love that I can.

Betty - this candle is for you my friend.





Have a great week and I will see you next Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the crochet goodies! If I have a child, I beg that it's a girl for many reasons, one of those reasons being that I can crochet ALL THE THINGS for her.

    I love those bookmarks. When I was at the house the other day, I found the white/pink one you made me. :)

    Gotta do my crystal meditation posting too! Using amethyst this month!

    ReplyDelete