Sunday, January 4, 2015

Project 52 - Week One

Hello and Welcome to Week 1 of Project 52. 


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!  Ours was fantastic and I am grateful.


I began the New Year without resolutions.  Only aspirations this year.  One of them is to successfully complete the 52 weeks of this blog.  During the year, I will share family stuff -- of course.  They are the utmost important to me.   Also some poetry.  Some of my readers know that I have written it for many years.  There will be some new writings here as well as some old ones.  

Also, this year, once again I am journeying through the Simple Abundance daily readings.  I read this book for the first time in 2000 and have completed it several times in the last fourteen years.  I knew it was time to experience it once more.  

I own the hardcover but this year I purchased the ebook version.  It's available on many ebook sites at around ten dollars.   You would have to play catch up just a little, as the journey begins on January 1st, but I highly recommend it.

Simple Abundance
by
Sarah Ban Breathnack


Here is her website





Every Sunday, not only will this blog be updated, but a photo will be taken from the same place at close to the same time.   These photos will be displayed here on the blog but they will be in a album on my personal facebook page as well as my nature photography page.   That way, at the end of the year, the changes in season etc... will be fun to view.    The time of day I have chosen for this project is around 5pm.

Today, Week 1 - January 4, 2015  5:00 pm



and the sky at that moment....


If you would like to check out the Nature Photography Page, and keep up with these albums... here is the link.






Another aspiration for this New Year, is to read the Christian bible through once again.   I have done this several times in my life.   Those who know me understand that I don't attend church, it's a personal choice.   I find my Creator/God/Great Spirit out in nature - among the trees and fields as Jesus himself told us where he could be found...

So once again, using today's technology that I love, I have a Bible app on my phone....and it keeps track for me, pulls up my daily reading.  I love it. 

The app is called YouVersion


Since Christmas, I haven't picked up my crochet hook too much..... but that will change as the year progresses.   I will share with you my latest projects and links to some wonderful patterns....

This year, I have aspired to spend more time in prayer and meditation.   It's kind of crazy how busy I can allow my life to become that I forget how important this is to my soul.  Prayer is talking to Spirit -- Mediation is listening.   This is my belief.

This first week of the year, the stone I am using for mediation is the Tigers Eye.



The holistic meaning of this beautiful stone....

Tiger's Eye is a stone of protection that is also very stabilizing and grounding.  It enhances integrity, willpower,  self-confidence, practicality and correct use of  power. It is a stone that enhances good luck, and brings prosperity, often in the form of money. Tiger's eye is also a very protective stone which is especially protective during travel. It can also help one see clearly without illusion. Tiger's eye brings a special boost to the solar plexus chakra and to one's personal power.



Her eye, her ear, were tuning forks, burning glasses, which caught the minuest refraction or echo of a thought or feeling....She heard a deeper vibration, a kind of composite echo, of all that the writer said, and did not say.
-Willa Cather



...in a time lacking in truth and certainty, and filled with anguish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attempting to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart.
--Louise Bogan





The Month of New Beginnings!

And now, let us welcome the New Year -- 
Full of things that have never been.
-Rainer Maria Rilke




Some of the poetry I have written over the years were done in a Series.   The first one I am sharing with you this year if from the Sea Series.

This poem was written in 1991


The Pirate

Standing proud at the helm
his cape whipped with the wind
One hand on his sword
he was no man's friend

One eye wore a patch
one tooth made of gold
A silver cross hung from his ear
and his stare was always cold

He saw many die a heartless death
by his own hand in a duel
Never once was he considered kind
always ruthless, mean and cruel

The sea was his lover
the ship, his companion
He loved the thrill of the chase
coming out always - the champion

His eyes were hard like cold blue steel
his hands were strong and coarse
His pride was like a solid brick wall
he took what he wanted by force

The Pirate - they called him
terrorizing the seas
The Pirate - he was
and will always be.

©Deborah Lynn





And for my picture of the week.....

This was taken New Years Eve.   I got to spend it with 2 of my daughters and three of my little grandbabies....

My daughter Becky was playing with a computer photo taking and editing  website and she took this picture of us.




My personal message to all this week is...

Love IS the message....
Love IS the power...
Love IS the strength.





Have a wonderful Week and I will see you next Sunday.







1 comment:

  1. I love fresh starts to the new year when they're so full of promise :)

    I need to start my gratitude diary today, haha. I'm a GREAT procrastinator!

    I think January's meditating crystal for me is clear quartz. I need to clear myself out of 2014's junk so I can move on :)

    ReplyDelete