Monday, December 15, 2014

The Gift of Sharing Four Days.....

Day 12

Memory of Christmas Past



This month, doing this blog challenge and doing the Christmas Past photos, lots and lots of memories to sort through.   I guess I have been very blessed.. because all of my Christmas memories are good ones. 

Going back to 1989 -  Robert was 3 and Susan was 1.  We lived in a apartment.  My bedroom had a 1/2 bathroom and I decided to use this bathroom to store the Christmas "stuff".  I wrapped the presents and put them into this bathroom.   Then I would lock the push button lock.  It was a great place.  No way would the kids find it....

One evening I went to the grocery store.   I went alone so the kids were there with their father.   When I came back, I couldn't find Robert anywhere.  It really scared me.  I started yelling at his father "Where is Robby" "   He didn't know, thought he was in his room playing.

I had all kinds of horrible thoughts about him getting out the door, wandering off.  I almost got hysterical because Robby wasn't in his room, or anywhere else in the apartment....and then I noticed it.

The light coming out from under the door to the little bathroom.

I slowly walked to the door and opened it and there he was.

My three year old, Robert.  With his eyes dancing and pure joy on his face.

He had opened ALL of the presents.  ALL of them. 

There he sat on that little bathroom floor with dolls, toys, gift wrap of every color strewn all around.  I would give so much today if I had a picture of that moment.

After I got him out of there and I don't even remember what I told him....... I had to clean up and rewrap everything.....and by the time Christmas morning came... he acted just as happy and just as excited with what Santa actually left for him <3



Day 12 - Christmas Past Photo Memory Share

2004 -  Becky <3





Day 12 - December Photography Challenge

cup of hot cocoa or cider....

So sorry, it just HAD to be coffee......







Day 13

Christmas Music

What better but the words to my favorite Christmas Song

What Child is This....

What child is this, who, laid to rest,
On Mary's lap is sleeping?
Whom angels greet with anthems sweet,
While shepherds watch are keeping?
This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing:
Haste, haste to bring Him laud,
The babe, the son of Mary.

Why lies He in such mean estate,
Where ox and ass are feeding?
Good Christians, fear, for sinners here
The silent Word is pleading.
Nails, spears shall pierce him through,
the cross he bore for me, for you.
Hail, hail the Word made flesh,
the Babe, the Son of Mary.

So bring him incense, gold, and myrrh,
Come, peasant, king, to own him.
The King of kings salvation brings,
Let loving hearts enthrone him.
Raise, raise a song on high,
The virgin sings her lullaby
Joy, joy for Christ is born,
The babe, the Son of Mary.

This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing:
Haste, haste to bring Him laud,
The babe, the son of Mary.







Day 13 - Christmas Past Photo Memory Share

2003 - Church Christmas Play... Mary got to play Mary and Susan was an angel.








Day 13 December Photography Challenge

ornaments





Day 14

the "smell" of Christmas

In our house, we love to burn scented candles.   Apples, Cinnamon, White Linen... and the list goes on and on.   There is always one burning somewhere in the house when we are home.

But at Christmas time..... all of the scents are wonderful but nothing is quite like the wonderful smell when the tree first comes into the house.   






Day 14 - Christmas Past Photo Memory Share
2005 -- Justin, Robert and that little baby puppy is my Tyson 





Day 14 - December Photography Challenge
Joy

Traveled back in time a bit for this picture.....it's a little blurry but the look in my little granddaughter, Kaidyns eyes defines Joy I beleive....





Day 15

Christmas Visitors

Some may write about people with this prompt... but the first thing that came to me were the following Christmas visitors

The spirit of Giving
The joy of Sharing
The love of Family and Friends
The Faith of the celebration
The Quiet of the snowfall
The beauty of the twinkling lights
Being Uplifted by the music...

The Magic with the little children waiting for Santa
The Peace on Christmas Eve...

I just hope to carry as many of these Christmas visitors with me all year long.



Day 15 - Christmas Past Photo Memory Share

2004 - Susan, Mary and Becky





Day 15 - December Photography Challenge
Favorite Holiday Movie..

My favorite holiday Movies are...

Prancer



Santa Claus - the movie



Nester, the Long Eared Christmas Donkey





1 comment:

  1. Haha that memory of Robert is amazing! He knew how to get into everything :P

    Love the pics. So many memories!!

    I always forget about Nestor The Long-Eared Donkey... such a cute movie!

    ReplyDelete