Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day 7 -- Luxury and Funny

Day 7

A Luxury I am thankful for....


Gosh, there are so many..... Really.

But I have memories of being very young.  Getting married at 17, moving to Camp LeJeune NC when I was 18, having my first baby......  my grandmother lived here in Virginia and my mom all the way in New York.   And talking on the phone...long distance.  That was EXPENSIVE!!

No cell phones.   No free long distance.  No home computers, No internet.

Yes, there was writing letters, which I did.  But I remember getting so lonely for my family.

And today.

The luxury I am the most thankful for is the internet.

I try not to take for granted that I can see my family members every day if I want to.  Even my daughter all the way in Toronto... messages, pictures, video, all at the touch of a button.  We have all become so accustomed to the technology that its so easy to forget how it used to be.   Some people seem to not like the technology of today but I have strong memories of missing my family and wishing I could see them and talk to them every day.

I can watch children of my cousins children grow up.  I can laugh out loud with achievements from my friends, family, their kids, their grandkids, their pets.... things that I would have never even known about...way back when there was only letters, and long distance rated phone calls.

I consider it a luxury, and it's a luxury I am very thankful for.



Photography Challenge

Day 7

Something funny....

Here it is.  Already at walmart....Eggnog -- with Santa on it no less.  And yes, I really did pay over $5 for this half gallon.........










No comments:

Post a Comment