Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 5 - Moments and Morning Skies

Day 5

A Word I am Thankful for.....Moment



Many other words ran through my mind today but tonight, this is the one that means the most.

What is life except a series of moments?  

Wonderful moments.  Quiet moments.  Busy moments.  Loving moments.  Hating moments.  Fearful moments.  Long moments.  Short moments.... the list goes on and on.

And what do moments do?

They make up our life.  They turn into memories.


Looking back, there are some moments I'd rather forget.  But there are so many more that I cherish.  If only I had learned long ago how important each moment is.  How I would someday look back on them with fondness - a smile - a tear -  a grateful heart.

"Now, I don't want to close my eyes......
I don't want to miss a thing....."

Not miss one single moment in this amazing, incredible journey that is life.  Sometimes I even hate to sleep.  There are so many more moments to happen.... so many things I don't want to miss or take for granted.


I've learned to make each moment count.  Or at least as many of them as I can.  To be busy with life...what a wonderful thing.  Even if it's just reading a good book, surfing facebook and smiling over posts from my family and friends...or holding a precious grandchild or seeing one of those used to be babies....growing up...with each moment that passes.  So swift.  The moments go by so very swiftly. My advice is do not take them for granted.


And a promise to myself for the next part of my life...is to live in each moment.  I've seen sadness and I've experienced heart wrenching loss as people I care for deeply left this earth plane to continue their journey in the light.   In just a moment, all of life can change.  And in a moment, I could become just a memory to my family.  I want them to always have special moments with me to look back on.  And I want to enjoy what will become just memories one day.

Every day.  Every night. 

I hope those I love understand..

"I don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep....
Cause I'd miss you and

I don't want to miss a thing."






Photography Challenge
Day 5

Morning Sky




Taken this morning as I was leaving for work <3
















No comments:

Post a Comment