Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 3 - A Food I am Thankful For

Day 3

A Food I am Thankful for....

There is only one thing that comes to my mind for this topic.

Thanksgiving.

Some of the most wonderful food, prepared by some pretty awesome cooks in my family.  The time together.  The laughter.  The kids running around.  Giggles.  Funny faces.   Pies.  Turkey.  Broccoli casserole.  Mashed potatoes.  Gravy.  Stuffing.  Green bean casserole.  Sweet potato casserole.  Corn pudding.  Pies.  Apple.  Pumpkin.  Chocolate.  Wonderful dinner rolls.  Cranberry sauce.  

Traditional.  Mostly.  But prepared and shared with family love.  So many happy memories and so many more to come.

Sharing a few past Thanksgiving pictures and then I'm gonna share my Sweet potato casserole recipe with you.  My Aunt Gin always said it belongs in a pie crust :-)

2009






2011









Sweet Potato Casserole

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter

Melt butter in mixing bowl.  Add all ingredients and mix well.  Put in casserole dish and mix up topping.

Topping

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
3 TBSP melted butter

mix topping and drop by spoonfuls to cover top of sweet potato mixture

Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

Yummm..

and then for a favorite food... there is always Christmas cookies.....




Day 3  Photograph Challenge

Happiness

This picture is one that was taken years ago, when my granddaughter Kaylen Jade was born. 

I always called this picture the circle of Love.  And it remains in our family.  Every time a new little one arrives, the circle forms and it stays forever. <3



Left. me.  Center, my daughter Amanda with her new baby girl Kaylen. To the right is big sister Gwendolyn.  Next is my Becky.  Loving the babies even then.  Center bottom is Trenton.  Big brother to 2 baby sisters.







No comments:

Post a Comment