Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 3 - 30 Days of Adventure -- Spiritual

I decided I didn't want to go out today and will save my original idea for an adventure for another day.

My adventure today takes inventory of some very spiritual things I have and that I do...

From reading some incredible, enlightening books, to my growing collection of healing stones.  And then there are the journals.  I have written in journals for years and part of tonights adventure will be reading some of the older ones.....







Spirituality and spiritual practices are very important in my life.   I have honestly seen the power of intention and the power of prayer.    

For me it is quite simple....for me.

God.

and what is God?

The Christian bible says that God is Love.

That is very easy for me to understand.

And do I believe that God made all..

Yes I do.

So believing in the energy that fills the world.   Respecting the ancient religions.  Finding the love of Christ among the fields and trees where he told us to seek him..

Understanding that all creation is filled with wonder and gifts.

Healing stones.  Shamanic practices.  Herbs.  Nature.  

I am closest to the practices of my Native American ancestors.

So tonight for my adventure, I set about organizing many of the things I hold dear to me.

And later, I will light a candle, say a prayer, ask for guidance and ask for a mind that is open always to the wonders of this world.

I'm sharing a special prayer with you tonight


A Sioux Prayer



Oh Great Spirit

Whose voice I hear in the wind
And whose breath gives life to the world
Hear Me
I come to you as one of your many children
I am small and weak
I need your strength and wisdom

May I walk in beauty
May my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset
Make my hands respect the things you have made
and my ears sharp to your voice
Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught your people
Let me learn the lessons you have written in every leaf and rock

Make me strong!
Not to be superior to my brothers
but to fight my greatest enemy, Myself.
Make me always ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes
So when life fades as the fading sunset
May my spirit come to you without shame.





No comments:

Post a Comment